Thursday, August 6, 2009

I need something to read

Before the semester starts and I have no time for true pleasure reading, I need one more book that will totally wow me. Any suggestions? I like long, complex, character driven stuff of the Contemporary American stripe. Right now I am reading some Kurt Vonnegut non fction and I just started Jane Smiley's Good Faith.
I bought a totally kick ass giraffe necklace from ETSY today, can't wait to get it.
I started a new ab work out yesterday, and I'm going to ramp it up again this afternoon. I'm taking the day off from swimming and I'm just going to do some strength training.
Made delicious pita sandwiches last night with balsamic marinated grilled chicken, arugala and a sun dried tomato vinnagrette. Delish! It didn't hurt that we had the best sesame pita bread from Neomonde as well as cous-cous salad. I've tried making my own but it doesn't even come close. I love this little piece by Kurt Vonnegut becuase I like to think we both were goofing around in Indiana at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Time Traveler's Wife? It was good. I just finished Pillars of the Earth (I know it is Oprah endorsed, but it was suprisingly a great book). The Corrections is another one (a little weird) annnnnd I'm reading The Alchemist right now. Only a few pages into it. The only Vonnegut book I've read is Cat's Cradle - would read more, just need more suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished World War Z and it rocked so hard, I almost starting reading it again as soon as I finished the last page. You might see the word 'zombies' and think it's not poignant or relevant, or that the social commentary and moving humanism couldn't possibly move you to tears while speaking of the undead, but it can. It will. It did.

    5 gold stars in my book.
    --suzy

    ReplyDelete